We are wrapping up 2019 by taking a looking back on another exciting year for Signal Hill. We’ve been very fortunate to have such great experiences and so many chances to make new connections this year, and we’re beyond excited to set our sights on big things for 2020!
We have had the pleasure of accepting some prestigious awards:
- 94 points by The Tasting Panel, for impeccable taste and finishing notes. Now featured on all of our bottles. Read more on page 78.
- 92 points New York International Spirits Competition, for great taste in Canadian Whisky. Read more here.
- Platinum for Best Canadian Whisky at the SIP Awards, the only internationally recognized consumer-judged spirits competition. Read more here.
- Alberta Beverage Awards, Best in Class: awarded by a panel of judges to the most distinguished spirit in its class. Read more.
- Awarded Gold for Packaging Design by SIP Awards, 2019: The SIP Awards us the only internationally recognized consumer-judged spirits competition. Read more about it here.
We have connected with new retail partners:
- Binny’s: Signal Hill was launched in Illinois for the first time this year, debuting its appearance in 41 Binny’s locations throughout the state.
- Selfridges: Signal Hill has landed in London, UK at Selfridges locations in stores and online.
- ANBL: Most recently Signal Hill launched in New Brunswick with its first two stores in Fredricton. Our whisky is expected to hit even more New Brunswick liquor stores in the New Year.
You may have seen us making some new friends at:
- New Brunswick Spirit Festival
- Hopscotch Kelowna and Vancouver
- Whisky of the Worlds, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Whisky Ottawa
- LCBO Summerhill, Toronto
- Cocktail Emporium, Toronto
- Rocky Mountain Food and Wine Festival, Alberta
- Art of the Cocktail, Vancouver
And we got featured by:
- Toronto Life: Best New Bottles
- Drink with me: A Few Minutes with the Founders, discussing our new and noteworthy blend
- Mousse Taco: Discussing the birth of our Canadian whisky and how it came to be.
- Breakfast Television, Canada Day Weekend: Signal Hill was featured by food and lifestyle expert, Pay Chen, in this long weekend burger and cocktail feature.
- Relish and Whisky: Signal Hill is highlighted as a new Canadian Whisky. We discuss Guglielmo Marconi and the impact that Canadian history has on our whisky.
- Liqculture: Monica featured Signal Hill in a father’s day Beertail cocktail, inspired by her childhood memories of Homer Simpson.
- CityLine joined in on the Father’s Day festivities too, including Signal Hill in their Father’s Day gift guide.